Dissertation Scholarship - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Last modified: 26. October 2023
The Dissertation Scholarship is not an extension of the already existing Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship status. The Dissertation Scholarship can be used for research and dissertation writing purposes only in cases when the scholarship holder’s presence in Hungary is absolutely necessary to finalize their doctoral activities.
Only those Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders are eligible to apply
- who obtain their absolutorium in the fall semester of the 2023/24 academic year but shall receive their doctoral degree after the end of their student status and
- for whom it is an absolute necessity to stay in Hungary to finalize their doctoral activity.
The maximum duration of Dissertation Scholarship is 8 months, but it may not be longer than requested in the application.
Provisions covered by the scholarship
The scholarship holder shall receive the following provisions over the duration of the Scholarship:
- Monthly stipend
- HUF 180.000/ month for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd months of the scholarship period
- HUF 140.000/ month for the 4th, 5th, 6th months of the scholarship period
- HUF 43.700/ month for the 7th and 8th months of the scholarship period
- Accommodation contribution
- there is no contribution to the accommodation within this scholarship
- Medical insurance
- medical insurance for up to HUF 65,000
- Monthly stipend
It is important to emphasize that anybody who is applying for a Dissertation Scholarship is not eligible for the one-time HUF 400.000 graduation allowance upon completion of their public defense.
Application documents to be submitted:
- Motivation letter, containing the detailed explanation for the need of the scholarship and the necessity of the scholarship holder’s presence in Hungary during the scholarship period
- Monthly workplan for the proposed scholarship period (Give a detailed explanation of the tasks you still need to accomplish and the time needed for them. Include a monthly breakdown for the planned research activity. Your plan must match with the number of months you apply for.)
- Class Plan - Please present your course briefly which you are planning to teach (general information about the course, goals, outline, summary of the topic, methods, bibliography)
- Letter of justification from their supervisor, which explains why the applicant needs the scholarship.The letter of justification must be written in Hungarian and signed by both the supervisor and the Head of the Doctoral School
APPLY here: https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/
You will need your old DreamApply account which has been used for your doctoral studies. Applicants have to clone their previous applications and the fields that are common between the Appform they completed in the past, and the one they are filling out will be automatically filled out for them.
Applications should be submitted; only saved applications will not be considered. Please note that no applications will be accepted without the online submission and after the deadline.
Application deadline: 1st December 2023, 23:59 CET
Please note that the final decision on the scholarship will be made by Tempus Public Foundation, probably in late June.