Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship - Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
The Hungarian Government announced the policy of Global Opening, as part of which the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 for foreign students. The aim of the programme is to promote cultural understanding, economic and political relations between Hungary and other countries. Currently 87 sending partners are engaged in the programme which is managed by Tempus Public Foundation (TPF).
Thousands of students from all around the world apply for higher educational studies in Hungary each year.
PROVISIONS covered by the scholarship (see also the new Operational Regulations)
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend: non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly HUF 43 700 (cca EUR 110) contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies; doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, for newcomers, it is monthly HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 350) for the first phase of education (first 4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 450) for the second phase (second 4 semesters) for 12 months a year, until completion of studies;
- Accommodation: student hostel room/bed depending on the capacity of the higher education institution or HUF 40,000/month accommodation allowance for 12 months a year during the whole period of full-time programmes or for the duration of the partial studies;
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance
► OPERATIONAL REGULATIONS of Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme (In effect as of 5 July 2022)
You can contact the Study in Hungary Unit of Tempus Public Foundation in one of the following ways in case you need any further information:
- Website of the Programme
- Facebook page
- Skype: stipendiumhungaricum
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOTLINE: +36-1-236-5040 (Monday-Thursday 8:30-17:00, Friday 8:30-14:30)
For more information on Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences' programmes, please check our English academic programmes and Doctoral Schools or contact us at email@example.com
You can also contact the institutional Stipendium Hungaricum Coordinator:
Ms. Csilla KÁNAI, International Relations Centre (Szent István Campus, Gödöllő, Main Building, Ground Floor, Room 31)
Office hours: 1.30-3 p.m. Monday-Wednesday
CALL for Applications for bachelor’s, master’s, one-tier master’s, non-degree programmes and postgraduate specialist training courses 2023/24
CALL for Applications for doctoral programmes 2023/24
APPLY HERE: Online application platform
Checklist of the required application documents
Application deadline: 16th January 2023, 2 p.m. (CET)
► ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES
Eligible Sending Partners
The Stipendium Hungaricum Programme is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade or its legal predecessor as regards the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme, the Ministry of Human Capacities, and the partner’s Ministry responsible for higher education. Applications will be considered eligible only if the applicant is nominated by the responsible authority of the Sending Partner.
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
- Hungarian citizens (including those with dual citizenships)
- former Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders, who are re-applying for studies in the same cycle of education (non-degree studies, bachelor, master, doctoral level) including both full time and partial study programmes
► AVAILABLE STUDY PROGRAMMES
Applicants are eligible to apply only for those scholarship types and study fields that are determined in the educational cooperation programmes in effect between Hungary and the specific Sending Partner.
Please see the full list of available study fields regarding your sending country:
Preparatory Course in Hungarian Language at MATE
In case you want to extend your studies, according to the Operational Regulations, you have to submit your request for extension to the university (by filling in the following form: https://limesurvey.szie.hu/index.php/283126?lang=en) and, at the same time, to the sending partner (authority) in your home country, but you do not have to wait for their approval since they will be contacted by Tempus directly.
The following documents must be attached (uploaded) to your request:
- support letter signed by the head of the institute
- transcript of records (list of subjects you have completed)
Deadline within the university in autumn semester: 15 November, in spring semester: 30 April
Please, note: „During the extension period, scholarship holders may not receive a scholarship or housing allowance. This shall first be applied to students starting their studies in the 2020/21 academic year in an ascending order.” (see Operational Regulations III.4.1.)
In case you have any questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
► CHANGING STUDY PROGRAMME / LANGUAGE / INSTITUTION
In case you want to change your study programme and/or the language of instruction and/or the institution you have to submit a request signed by you to Tempus Public Foundation (email@example.com) attaching the following documents:
- a declaration of approval signed by the head of your current institute/faculty
- an approval of transfer from the new/requested institution (in case you want to change only the language of instruction, there is no need for this)
In order to receive an approval of transfer, please send this request form signed by you to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org as well as to your Registrar's Officer if you are a student of MATE.
Deadline to submit the request for approval to MATE: 15 November in autumn semester, 30 April in spring semester
Also, please notify your sending partner (authority) in your home country, but you do not need to obtain and attach a support letter to your request.
Deadline for submitting your request to Tempus with the above attachments: 1st December in autumn semester; 15 May in spring semester